NCE Graduate and Apprentice Awards
The New Civil Engineer Graduate and Apprentice Awards 2019 are designed to recognise and reward the most inspiring civil engineering graduates or apprentices.
This year the award has a real focus on climate change. The civil engineering profession is in the vanguard of tackling climate change and we need to act. We are looking for graduates and apprentices who are not comfortable with the current industry approach but who are, through their day-to-day role or engagement in industry initiatives, seeking to energise activity around climate change in their company or in the industry at large.
Please review the entry criteria below before submitting:
- Entries do not require company approval and should be submitted by the graduate/apprentice; however, you will be asked to provide a testimonial from a line manager or mentor.
- Graduates should have graduated during 2017 or 2018 and now be in their first post graduate role, and be training towards CEng or IEng qualification via an ICE- approved training programme.
- Apprentices should be actively pursuing the EngTech qualification via a suitably recognised ICE programme or route.
- Candidates will be asked to complete an essay question where they can demonstrate their commitment towards addressing climate change
- Entries are welcomed from graduates and apprentices working for clients, consultants, contractors, suppliers or working in academia.