The New Civil Engineer Graduate and Apprentice Awards
The New Civil Engineer Graduate and Apprentice Awards 2020 are designed to recognise and reward the most inspiring civil engineering graduates or apprentices.
This year the award has a real focus on the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Covid-19 has caused a step change in the construction industry with a shift to remote working and a new look at safety practices on site as contractors look to continue work in line with social distancing.
While the pandemic has claimed many lives and caused economic hardship for others, please consider how Covid-19 has been disruptive to the civil engineering and what positive aspects this could bring for the sector in the long term.
We are looking for graduates and apprentices who can consider what technology and innovations will be needed to future-proof the industry from future pandemics and how this could benefit the civil engineering industry in terms of attracting new talent and meeting carbon net zero targets.
Please review the entry criteria below before submitting:
- Entries do not require company approval and should be submitted by the graduate/apprentice; however, you will be asked to provide a testimonial from a line manager or mentor.
- Graduates should have graduated during 2018 or 2019 and now be in their first post graduate role, and be training towards CEng or IEng qualification via an ICE- approved training programme.
- Apprentices should be actively pursuing the EngTech qualification via a suitably recognised ICE programme or route.
- Candidates will be asked to complete an essay question where they can demonstrate their commitment towards addressing climate change
- Entries are welcomed from graduates and apprentices working for clients, consultants, contractors, suppliers or working in academia.