The New Civil Engineer Graduate & Appprentice Awards 2019 are designed to recognise and reward the most promising all round civil engineers. Graduates should have graduated during 2017 or 2018 and now be in their first post-graduate jobs, putting into practice what they learned at university. Apprentices should be actively pursuing the EngTech or IEng qualification via a suitably recognised ICE programme or route. Please review the entry criteria below before submitting:
- Entries should be submitted by the graduate or apprentice and no company approval is needed.
- Applicants will be requested to highlight their academic, work and social achievements
- They will also be asked to complete one short essay question where they can demonstrate their commitment towards addressing climate change.
- Entries must be made by 23 August 2019
- Finally, they will be asked to explain what they hope to achieve as New Civil Engineer Graduate of the Year or Apprentice of the Year
- Entrants will be marked on all-around ability; not only academic and work-related achievements but also their enthusiasm for civil engineering, and particular attention will be paid to their plan for what they would seek to achieve as Graduate of the Year or Apprentice of the Year
- Entries will be judged by a panel of senior engineers drawn from the awards' patrons. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by 30 September 2019 and asked to make a short presentation at a meeting with the judges at the Institution of Civil Engineers, London on 1 November 2019.
- Entrants not approached by 30 September 2019, have regrettably not been shortlisted.