The New Civil Engineer Graduate and Apprentice Awards 2020 are designed to recognise and reward the most inspiring civil engineering graduates or apprentices.
Please review the entry criteria below before submitting:
- Entries do not require company approval and should be submitted by the graduate/apprentice; however, you will be asked to provide a testimonial from a line manager or mentor.
- Graduates should have graduated during 2018 or 2019 and now be in their first post graduate role, and be training towards CEng or IEng qualification via an ICE- approved training programme.
- Apprentices should be actively pursuing the EngTech qualification via a suitably recognised ICE programme or route.
- Candidates will be asked to complete an essay question where they can demonstrate their commitment towards addressing climate change
- Entries are welcomed from graduates and apprentices working for clients, consultants, contractors, suppliers or working in academia.
- Entries will be judged by a panel of senior engineers drawn from the awards' patrons. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by 2 October 2020 and asked to make a short presentation at a meeting with the judges at the Institution of Civil Engineers, London on 1 November 2019 (subject to Government Guidelines regarding the Covid-19 pandemic. In the case that this is not possible, all interviews will be held remotely with the judging panel).
- Entrants not approached by 2 October 2020, have regrettably not been shortlisted.
If you are experiencing any difficulties or have questions surrounding your entry please contact Harry Bower on 020 3953 2030 or firstname.lastname@example.org