The New Civil Engineer Graduate and Apprentice Awards 2018 are designed to recognise and reward the most inspiring civil engineering graduates or apprentices.
This year the award has a real focus on technology. The civil engineering profession is becoming increasingly technology-led. We are looking for graduates and apprentices who are not just comfortable working in a digital environment but who are, through their day-to-day role or engagement in industry initiatives, are seeking to improve the use of technology in their company or in the industry at large.
- Entries do not require company approval and should be submitted by the graduate/apprentice; however, you will be asked to provide a testimonial from a line manager or mentor.
- Graduates should have graduated during 2016 or 2017 and now be in their first post graduate role, and be training towards CEng or IEng qualification via an ICE-accredited training programme.
- Apprentices should be actively pursuing the EngTech qualification via an ICE-accredited technician training programme (or equivalent)
- Candidates will be asked to complete an essay question regarding “adaptation and innovation of technology”
- Final entry deadline: 11 September