The New Civil Engineer Graduate Awards 2017 are designed to recognise and reward the most promising all round civil engineers who graduated during 2015 or 2016 and are now 'enjoying' their first post graduate jobs, putting into practice what they learned at university and making a tangible impact. Please review the entry criteria below before submitting:
- Entries should be submitted by the graduate and no company approval is needed.
- Applicants will be requested to highlight their academic, work and social achievements
- They will also be asked to complete one short essay questions on a topical issue.
- Finally, they will be asked to explain what they hope to achieve as New Civil Engineer Graduate of the Year
- Entrants will be marked on all round ability; not only academic and work related achievements but also their enthusiasm for civil engineering, and particular attention will be paid to their plan for what they would seek to achieve as Graduate of the Year
- Entries will be judged by a panel of senior engineers drawn from the awards' patrons. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by 6th October 2017 and asked to make a short presentation at a meeting with the judges at the Institution of Civil Engineers, London on Friday 3rd November 2017.
- Entrants not approached by 6th October, have regrettably not been shortlisted.
What do I need to do?
To qualify you must have graduated in 2015 or 2016 from an under-graduate or post-graduate civil engineering, or related engineering degree course and be in the first two years of post-graduate employment.
Tell us about your academic and engineering achievements during your time at university, in work, in your gap-year or in your spare time.
Unleash your fresh ideas and blue-sky thinking by telling us what one civil engineering project (past or present) you would change – and why.
And build on that by telling us what you want to change in our industry. What would you do as New Civil Engineer Graduate of the Year?
Enter before the 25th August deadline
For full entry details please click here
The top nine entrants – three working for consultants, three working for contractors and three working for clients - will come face to face with all our judges at the ICE on Friday 3rd November and return on Friday 1st December for the Awards Lunch where the 2017 NCE Graduates of the Year will be announced!
Good luck to you all